Certificate Project Management
About the Course
Our Certificate in Project Management is for utilisation by all members of the population. Anyone preparing to become employed, or self-employed, in any business whatsoever would be the persons most likely to be attracted to this qualification. In fact many newly (or not-so-newly) appointed personnel setting out to establish a career in Project Management would benefit from part or all of this qualification. It seeks to embed the fundamentals of all the knowledge areas as prescribed by the Guide to Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK).
- NQF level 4
- Credits 136
- SAQA QUAL ID 50080
Let’s Contact You
PURPOSE OF THE QUALIFICATION
• A foundation of basic project management knowledge and skills which can be used to build further project management related competencies.
• Competence to be an effective project team member.
• Competence to provide administrative support to a project manager and team members.
• Competence to provide assistance to a project manager of medium to large projects.
As electives specialisation in:
• Competence to plan, execute and control small, simple projects.
• Competence in specialised technical areas to support project management processes.
This qualification is directed at learners working:
• As contributing team members on a moderately complex to complex project when not a leader or;
• As a leader in the context of a simple project/sub-project.
A simple project/sub-project is seen to be one that involves few resources and has a limited impact on stakeholders and the environment.
This qualification is intended for those with prior work experience or an NQF Level 3 qualification in project management or business administration or equivalent. The learners accessing this qualification will be working in or with project management teams or using a project approach to their business. These projects may be technical projects, business projects, government projects or community development projects and will cut across a range of economic sectors. This qualification is also of value to learners running their own business, as project management is an integral component of any business system.
Qualifying learners working on a project will have the necessary knowledge, skills and attitudes to function more effectively and in a professional manner, add value to their job performance and enhance their ability to follow and implement policies and procedures.
On achieving the applied competencies of the Qualification, learners may advance their career opportunities further into project administration, support services or management within an organisation, in all sectors.
EXIT LEVEL OUTCOMES
1. Work with others to undertake or support the project management activities.
2. Assist the project manager and/or project team by contributing and participating in planning, execution and control activities.
3. Provide support to the administration of a project.
For electives one of:
4. Supervise a project team of a small project to deliver project objectives.
5. Support the project environment and management activities to deliver project objectives.
6. Describe and apply specialised technical methods, tools and techniques to a project to deliver project objectives.